As a 3D Aerial CAD Engineer, you will be faced with interesting challenges involving a myriad of industries from insurance, roofing, and solar to surveying and disaster relief. Your job is to use aerial footage (taken by a drone) and construct a 3D model with measurements in as little time as possible.
You should be excited to work for a brand new startup in a rapidly growing industry, and you should crave the ability to create new technologies that solve pressing accuracy, efficiency, and safety problems. You should be willing to wear many different hats to support the CTO and CEO.
1. BS in Computer Science or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered.
2. 3 years experience in agile development and/or product management
3. Excellent active listening and communication skills. Must be able to give and receive critical feedback.
4. C++, familiarity with Point Cloud Library
5. Ability to turn aerial footage into a 3D model with accurate measurements
1. Excellent planning skills will an ability to manage and meet expectations
2. Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
3. Willingness to travel and possibly re-locate to support sales team
5. Ability to take ownership and initiative.
6. Strong tendency to work hard to understand requirements then provide your own direction to accomplish the task
7. Startup experience
1. Be the resident expert on 3D modeling technologies and techniques
2. Do whatever it takes to turn aerial footage into 3D models with measurements in as little time as possible
3. Incorporate changing business plans into development plans
4. Transparently define development goals, breaking them down into smaller goals that can be achieved within 1 week
5. Track, manage, and fix bugs
As we are a small startup, there will be many opportunities to influence company culture and align your passions with your work. We believe that people who are treated like adults act like adults, and you will be given as much leeway as possible to achieve goals your own way.