HomeAway.com Inc. is an exciting, international, profitable company that has transformed the market and become the world’s leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for a Product Manager for HomeAway's eCommerce platform to define and deliver products that enable online transactions across multiplies currencies and countries.
As part of the Product Management team, the Product Manager contributes to the success of the team by managing the overall product lifecycle: setting the strategic vision and product roadmap based on extensive market research and testing, defining requirements, and collaborating with development to design, implement, test, refine and deploy new features.
The Product Manager will serve as product expert combining industry analysis, end-user feedback, and development knowledge to establish a product vision, multi-year solution roadmap, and an effective engineering partnership to deliver a world-class solution.
* Drive the product vision, and roadmap for new models within the eCommerce platform
* Define product feature requirements to meet target metrics while balancing traveler and owners needs
* Improve the eCommerce experience through refinement and optimization
* Collaborate daily with Development team to ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality
* Manage resolution of urgent technical issues while communicating changes to business stakeholders
* Launch new products by collaborating with design, product marketing and marketing on go-to-market and lifecycle marketing strategies
* Lead competitive watch activities to identify gaps and opportunities to improve owner and traveler experience
* Track and report on key metrics (e.g. adoption, conversion)
* Work with the executive management team to ensure they are fully engaged in product launch decisions
To be considered for the position, you must have demonstrated relevant and current expertise in directing online strategy and development on consumer-focused sites. Product Managers should be passionate about well-designed web products, end user experience, and current and evolving best practices in software development.
* 5+ years of Product Management experience in a high-tech company
* Proven track record managing multiple ongoing complex web projects and implementation of web applications, while delivering on schedule
* Experience utilizing web analytics and testing tools to aid business decisions
* Ability to manage large, complex projects in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated experience in adopting product management best practices, standards and policies
* Ability to manage international projects in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to collaborate closely with design and usability to drive product enhancements
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class user experience for our customers
* Experience in the travel vertical or eCommerce is a plus
* BS or BA in related field
* Must be willing to travel 10% Internationally