HomeAway is building the most widely accepted platform for the vacation rental industry. Our global platform supports advertising distribution, payment processing, online and offline booking, dozens of high traffic web sites, and hundreds of integrations with a diverse set of third party applications. Our infrastructure is a highly distributed SOA and EDA, leveraging hundreds of separate applications, communicating primarily via XML and JSON over HTTP.
As a senior member of the Core API team, you will work with a group of talented and passionate engineers in designing, coding and implementing enhancements on our core platform. The ideal candidate will have expertise in Java API development for enterprise applications with focus on high availability and scalability. You should be an independent, solution-oriented performer who is skilled at Java development, with a desire to grow your skillset further.
* Building reliable, highly available and scalable systems in an agile and test driven environment.
* Work closely with other tech leads and product managers to design and implement world class solutions.
* Lead and mentor a team of highly energetic and smart junior engineers.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
* 7+ years programming in Java - preferably in API development
* Deep understanding of Web and API architecture
* Conversant in common Internet technologies and protocols (HTTP, SSL, OAuth, REST, JSON, XML, etc)
* Solid JDBC experience
* Leads by example in all aspects of software development - simple, elegant, scalable, well tested, documented
* Proven track-record of building fast, reliable, large, multi-threaded, scalable, service-oriented web services
* Results oriented, self managed individual with a track record of delivering on plans with minimal oversight.
* Experience in profiling high traffic web applications and services.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.